The British Business Group Macedonia was pleased to be a partner of the first Business Excellence Show (“BES”) in Macedonia, which was held on May 31, 2012 in the Aleksandar Palace Hotel in Skopje. The BBG’s Chairman, Mr. Ray Power, led the panel discussion between several ambassadors:
– HE Paul D. Wohlers – Ambassador of the USA
– HE Robert Kirnág – Ambassador of Slovakia
– HE Thomas Michael Baier – Ambassador of Austria
The panel discussion covered a variety of topics focused around alternative models of “Business Excellence” applied in each of these countries. The differing management practices in these jurisdictions was also a topic of particular interest.
The event also allowed the respective ambassadors to make their own suggestions to the audience of Macedonian management regarding the country’s competitiveness, and how Macedonian businesses may be able to improve their performance.
The aim of BES (www.bes.com.mk) was to create a forum in which representatives from business, as well as respected consultants and professors from the world of academia can meet to critically and openly discuss topics around excellence in business.
The show promoted the principle of permanent, visible improvement of management and operations in general, and the principle of achieving operational excellence. This included:
– Two conference halls with over 20 outstanding international and local speakers
– A room with a presentation of exhibitors companies that presented themselves to visitors
– Business confessional – places for exclusive interviews with over 10 consultants
– Exchange of ”know how” with top managers, experts, representatives of diplomacy
– Platform for ”networking” with over 500 representatives of business sector business multimedia